Monday, November 20, 2023

Receive Your Sight

"Receive your sight; 
your faith has made you well."
LUKE 18:42


These words resonate with hope and healing. They evoke a moment when darkness gives way to light, when clarity pierces through obscurity. Imagine standing on the threshold of sight, the world unfolding before you in vivid detail.

In this simple phrase, there lies a profound invitation—to open our eyes, not merely in the physical sense, but to perceive life’s deeper truths. Perhaps it’s an inner awakening, a revelation that transcends the ordinary.

May we all receive our own moments of sight—whether through faith, compassion, or self-discovery.  (Microsoft Bing)

As He drew near to Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging; and hearing a multitude going by, he inquired what this meant. They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." And he cried, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" And Jesus stopped, and commanded him to be brought to him; and when he came near, he asked him, "What do you want me to do for you?" He said, "Lord, let me receive my sight." And Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight and followed him, glorifying God; and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God. (Luke 18:35-43)

Lord Jesus, only You can open my eyes and show me the way towards the fulfillment of my heart desires. Thank You so much Lord for always guiding me towards the right way. 

I believed in faith that those that I cannot see will be brought to light by You who alone knows what is best for me. All I have to do is follow You all the way. Please forgive me for the countless times I have been blind to see the truth. Times when I chose to set my sight on other things that made me sin. Have mercy on me and let me see you clearly in my heart, in my mind, in my body and in my soul. May Your love and mercy reach its fullness in me so that my joy will be made full and complete. 

You alone can make me clean from inside and out and I need You to be my strenght and shield against anything that would lead me to sin. I am helpless without You for you are everything to me. You know my thoughts and deeds and I lift them all to You. I humbly surrender everything to You my Lord, use me for the greater glory and praise of the Father. 

In a very special way, I also pray for all those who are still living in darkness, those who think that they can do things without You, and those who are in dire need of hope to see the light and  bright future. Make them see the truth that only You are the way and solution to all their problems and concerns. 

You have opened my eyes to see the wonders of Your love. Truly, I am helpless and blind without You and only You can bring light to the fulfillment of all my dreams and aspirations. Please accept my humble offering of praise and thanksgiving for providing all the things that are needed in order to bring color and brightness to our home. Truly, Your love for us knows no bounds and only You can make us live joyfully each moment of our lives. 

With much love and thanksgiving, I pray. Amen.


Pericope:
V: The Journey to Jerusalem: Luke's Travel Narrative
THE HEALING OF THE BLIND BEGGAR
Luke 18:35-43

Life in Jesus

For we who live are constantly being  given up to death for the sake of Jesus,  so that the life of Jesus  may be manifested in our mortal f...