Sunday, March 26, 2017

Have the light of life!

"I am the light of the world;  he who follows me will not walk in darkness,  but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)

While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.  (John 9:5)


If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me (Lk 9:23). For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake, he will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? (Lk 9: 24-25).

You are lacking in one thing. Go, sell what you have, and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me (Mk 10:21). No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God (Lk 9:62).

Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there also will my servant be. The Father will honor whoever serves me (Jn 12:26).

My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me (Jn 10:27)

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one. (Jn 10:28-30)

Where I am going, you cannot follow me now, though you will follow later (Jn 13:36).

Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come. -- Psalm 23:6


Published:
March 14, 2016, 6:28AM

Life in Jesus

For we who live are constantly being  given up to death for the sake of Jesus,  so that the life of Jesus  may be manifested in our mortal f...